Saturday, September 22, 2007

Holding Ground, Nothing Different


I tell you what it has been pretty hectic the past couple of weeks, and my blog has suffered. I apologize. With the new friday night high school show, I have stayed pretty busy during the week. But have to admit, the loss to Florida last week took some wind out of my football sails. But the stars aligned tonight and all is right with the world. Tennessee has won a game that scared me. A team that stayed close to Texas, but we proved to be a little scrappy. More important the Bionic coach faced his first Bammer loss. Thank you, there is a Football god somewhere. And apparently he listens to our prayers. I don't recall anything questionable that the loss could be blamed on, simply outplayed when it counted. Lets see what the Savior says and does now. I wanna see him face adversity and stare it in the eye.



Some said that Houston Nutt's seat is hotter than Fulmer's. Did not agree with that yesterday, today I do. This is a team that was on the outside looking in for so long, now that they have a taste of the limelight I expect the will make an effort to stay there. I know we always said as long as Frank Broyles was there as would Nutt be. I am starting to feel otherwise. I think there is the chance that the new AD walks in the door swinging an axe.




That is the effect the hiring of Nick Saban has had on the SEC. It has shortened the trigger we have with our coaches. If you have a couple of sub-national championship seasons you pull that trigger on him and go after someone that can get that next trophy. But who would go to Arky? I think the only sexy choice, is McFadden. That is the only way he comes back for another season. Player/Coach. He can fix up that Hoopty they keep showing us during the games.




On that same thought the inner rambles have finally started getting some national attention. The Orange nation has been saying for about two years that they wanted Chucky. The two names have been Gruden and Cower. Neither do I think would entertain the thought. But I never thought the Bionic one would do it either. But if not them then who. It is going to have to be a jaw dropping sexy name to fit the persona. Bruce Pearl raised the bar. I keep hearing Rich Rodriguez name come up. I think it is a better fit than bammer was, but it doesn't excite me. Don't really know. I think it needs to be a Defensive Guru. Not sure if Cutcliffe would stay, if he did I think we need the same intensity on the other side of the ball. Me personally, I would rather see them clean house. If one goes they all go.




We have the week off. Which is good considering the next team on the schedule is Georgia. They looked strong last night against Bammer. Had some weaknesses, but over all was impressed with them. they have a rejuvenated "O" miss this week before traveling north to Fort Neyland. Should be a good one.