Monday, November 26, 2007

Coaching Carousel


I read Blake Ell's blog and he beat me to it. I had every intention of sitting down and writing my invitation to Coach O to come North East to Knox-Vegas. It isn't that far, you can find it from there coach, "Tell him Jo-Jo!"




As a head coach he was in way over his head. I was living in Memphis when he was hired. He coached one game against Memphis on the annual holiday weekend game. The rebels were off the next weekend because of the short week. So Coach O jumped on a plane and flew back to Southern California and went to Pete Carroll and asked uncle Petey to sit down and watch game film with him and tell him what they were doing wrong. You just paid this Coon Ass a lot of money and he runs back home with his tail between his legs when he cannot win. Memphis was starting a back up place kicker at quarterback that year. But the guy can recruit. With Trooper handling the offensive recruiting, I think the O man could bring some life back to the Vols Defense. But I am one man and it is simply how i feel.